Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Randeep Hooda Wins Silver Medal At Prestigious The Delhi Horse Show







Randeep Hooda Wins Silver Medal At Prestigious The Delhi Horse Show

Randeep Hooda has taken a sabbatical  from  acting to focus  on his  other passion, horses.

And  the  passion has paid off.

 Last week at  the prestigious Delhi Horse Show  Randeep and his two horses Ranji and Johnny Walker won  a  silver medal  in  the national dressage category which  is considered   by equestrians to be the  toughest  category  in   the  competition.

No  individual  from  any  section   of   the  Indian  film industry has  won a medal  at  the Delhi  Horse Show.

 Trying hard  to be modest  about  it , Randeep says, "The Delhi Horse  Show   is the  toughest because I had to compete  against  horse riders who were Arjun and Padma Shri winers. It's normally  impossible for a non-specialized  rider to win at this venue. That I managed  to win a  silver mdedal and that too in  the toughest category  proves  that horse riding  is fast catching up my acting as my  predominant passion."

 The presage  requires  the  connectivity between the  rider and  his horse to be  displayed in  the subtlest of  ways.

Explains  Randeep, "You  can't  make  'horse noises' to the horse  nor spur it on with hands legs or a stick. It's entirely  to do with your communication level  almost  elevated to  a  telepathic  link , between the horse and  the  rider."

Randeep won the prestigious silver medal  from  out  of  a 170  entries in Delhi. Full credit goes  to  my horses Ranji and Johnny Walker. I owned  8  horses. But I   gave  2 away to to a  couple of new horse learners. I love my  horses."

Now  the  horse-riding season is over.  And Randeep  wants to get back to  serious acting.  "But horse riding will always  be special. I think I'm the  only  professional horse rider  from  the  movie industry. Strangely I've seen no men from the industry at equestrian  events. Though I've seen some ladies  like Diya Mirza and Lara Dutta at  the race course.Women  by the way, make superior  horse riders." -










No comments:

Post a Comment