Thursday, 16 April 2009

Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan to Cheer for Kal Kisne Dekha







Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan to Cheer for Kal Kisne Dekha

Aamir Khan's  fan club has just got itself another member.

At  the  meeting  of  the United Producers & Distributors Association(UPDA) Vashu Bhagnani's hands and feet went  cold with  nervousness and pleasure when Aamir Khan walked  up to him and  assured  the worried producer that his son's  debut film Kal Kisne Dekha will get a royal release in single theatres  even if  the multiplex theatres  remain  unavailable.

 Says the  still-stunned  Vashu, "It  was not just the reassurance that  Aamir  gave me. It was his words. Aamir  said, 'Vashuji,  we'll  make sure that the mutiplex audiences  will head  towards  single theatres to see your son's film.  I will personally clean the  w.c   if  we have to.  But  don't worry, your film will get  the proper release.' I was  so stunned by  his words, so moved, I couldn't move. I couldn't even say thankyou. It seemed  like such a  small and  frivolous  gesture  to  repay him for his oberwhelming words.This was  Aamir Khan, the super-actor and producer   showing so  much concern  for my  son's film. Later Shah Rukh too came up to me  and  said, 'We're with you.Don't worry.' I completely forgot  my  worries  about my film.I leave it to Aamir, Shah Rukh and  the  others.I'll do whatever they decide."

Vashu  now  looks at the multiplex crisis as  a blessing in  disguise.  "For so long we've taken the single theatres for granted only because we feel the audiences in multiplexes matter more. Wrong!  The  real masses  , people with hard-earned money  who actually go to our films to  have a good time, are  still in the single-theatre groove. Until recently  a place like Patna had no  multiplex theatre.  Some of  my biggest  hits have been  at a time when there were no multiplexes."

 Vashu says it's  unlikely  he can release his son's debut  film Kal Kisne Dekha   on  May  1, as  per schedule. "But as soon as I get a green signal from Aamir and Shah Rukh  I'll release the  film in  single theatres."










No comments:

Post a Comment