Vida Samazdai. ‘I don’t have a Salman to help me’
Known to go against the tide, Miss Afghanistan 2003, Vida Samadzai might have been plunged into controversies early in life, but that hasn’t deterred this optimist.
Many people call me ‘former’ but I am still Miss Afghanistan, because after the year of my winning the crown no other pageant was held there,” she stresses, brimming with pride.
And not many know that the leggy lass not only possess a great body but an equally beautiful heart that specially beats for children. “I love kids! We are 18 brothers and sisters in our entire family...even I want to have at least six of them,” quips Vida. Apparently, it is this reason that has prompted her to do something for underprivileged children. The celebrity has joined hands with a non profit organisation, that works for the cause of such kids. And though Vida was in Jaipur just for a day recently, she made it a point to meet up with them. “I keep coming again and again to see and spend some time with these kids. It hurts me deep down when I see kids on the street, the ones that have been sexually abused and those who are orphans. Though it all started with me lending a hand for the organisation, I thought why not be a part of it, as more than financial help they need emotional support.”
Reminiscing one of her most memorable experiences she adds, “I remember during one of the IPL matches in Jaipur, I had taken these kids out to see the match. I can never forget the smiles and happiness on their faces.” So apart from the social work what’s keeping her busy? “My next Bollywood projects is Suniel Tiwari and Praful Tiwari’s Runway,” says the beauty queen who is moving into Bollywood gradually.
Vida has earlier worked in Subhash Ghai’s Black and White and claims that Ghai has asked her not to leave the film industry. Ask her if she thinks the industry will work wonders for her, as it has done for some international actors, and she smiles mischievously, “I don’t have a Salman Khan to help me bag a lead role. In the Hindi film industry foreign actresses are instantly offered item numbers. It is not that I don’t want to do them...if it’s a good production house why not? I want to do challenging roles and would wait for the right scripts.” And there is more! “I also want to write a book of my experiences. Although I am too young to write an autobiography I would eventually do that as well. Moreover, I want to initiate a communication between the Afghanistan government and me, as I am a good motivator and orator I want to help women there,” Vida signs off.
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment