Wednesday 30 September 2009

Ravi Kissan romancing Italian babe in cross-cultural Love Story!







Ravi Kissan romancing Italian babe in cross-cultural Love Story!

    

By Subhash K Jha



While shooting Ravi Kissan through the lens of his camera in the wilderness of Chalakudy in Kerala for Mani Ratnam’s Raavan, Santosh Sivan decided to cast Ravi Kissan who plays Abhishek’s brother in Mani’s film, as Varanasi ka chokra who falls in love with a visiting Italian girl.



Says Santosh reluctantly, "It's too early to talk about this project at this juncture. I'll let you know the details as soon as they are in place."



Ravi Kissan is reluctant to talk, but finally tells all. “Yes, it happened while we were shooting for Raavan. Santosh stopped looked at me and said, ‘You’re playing the lead in my film.’ Before I could react he told me it was set in Varanasi. I play a thief who falls for tourist, an Italian girl.”v

Ravi is naturally thrilled at this windfall in the wilderness. “I can’t wait for this union of paan benaras wala and Italy ka pasta. Wah what a nashta! I guess my image as the Bhojpuri star plus this new lean mean sexy look I’ve for Raavan and Luck, convinced Santosh to let me play the Chora ganga kinare wala. Coincidentally, I am shooting with a real life chora ganga kinare wala Abhishek.”



The film to be shot on location in Varanasi this winter will be in English, and will star a top Italian actress.



No wonder Ravi can’t stop preening. “I’ll be speaking broken English while she will speak English with an Italian accent.”



Ravi says Ratnam’s Raavan have taken out the Bhojpuri-actor tag from his career.



Not that he is giving up Bhojpuri films. “But I’m finally getting the kind of roles in Hindi cinema that I’ve waited for,” Ravi said, before heading to Kerala for the last schedule of Ratnam’s film.



“It’s the climax and we’re all looking forward to it. Abhishek who plays my younger brother has really become like my brother. I play this guy who can kill for my bhai.”



For his role in Luck and Raavan Ravi lost 15 kgs. “Bhojpuri films require their men and women to look healthier than normal. I had to lose all those kilos for my return to Hindi films. But the effort has paid off.”












No comments:

Post a Comment