Thursday 30 April 2009

Madhur Bhandarkar angry with IIFA awards 2009 jury







Madhur Bhandarkar angry with IIFA awards 2009 jury

The nominations  for  the  IIFA awards 2009 have just been announced.

And  Madhur Bhandarkar is not amused.

Though he  has been nominated  as best  director  for Fashion  the  film has not been nominated   for best  picture  although  all the other directors who are nominated are aldo part of  the  best picture category.

 Madhur says he's  used to this snub. "They've done  this to me before.My films have been denied popular awards  right  from  Chandni Bar.   So I'm neither  hurt nor  amused. I just wonder what  it means. If I'm one of  the best  directors of  the year, isn't my  product automatically  among the best films? But I'm sure they've their own rationale and I'm the last person to question it. Right now I'm too  drained out shooting  Jail  in  the  heat of  Karjat ."

  The film  is being shot  in  the sun  and members  of the unit are suffering for dehydration. "We've a doctor on  standby  throughout the shooting. Anyone can suffer from sunstroke  or dehydration any time. And  after all this effort Jail too may be  snubbed at  the popular awards. But I'm not  complaining. I've the audience and critics with me. And  my films get the National award. To me that's the highest  honour. I just hope Neil Nitin Mukesh gets  the  National award  for Jail. The rest will be  a bonus."










No comments:

Post a Comment