Friday 29 February 2008

Kajol committed Cardinal Sin Repeating Wardrobe







Kajol committed Cardinal Sin Repeating Wardrobe

The image While it's a good idea to recycle and reuse paper, the same can't be said about your wardrobe if you're a celeb or a socialite. When actress Kajol was spotted in her sheer black saree and her fishnet poncho more than once, the fashion columns jeered.

Otherwise short public memory somehow remembers the colour, cut and design of the clothes that celebs wear to different gatherings. But, is it a cardinal sin to repeat clothes if you're a socialite? I can't buy clothes for every party I attend," says theatre personality and socialite Dolly Thakore, who wears her trademark red bindi and silver jewellery to all parties she attends. "I've around 300 sarees, so I don't repeat them often," she says.

Wardrobe sizes are decided by the number of parties celebs attend. Supermodel Nina Manuel, who also party hops for a living, says she's not repeated any of her clothes in the last two and a half years of being a party show anchor. "I attend three-to-four parties a week and there are so many clothes to pick from. Outside my show, I've repeated outfits and I'm not bothered about what people think. I don't repeat outfits within weeks. And if I'm wearing something spectacular, I don't repeat it for months as people will remember it. I mix and match clothes and accessorise them so that they look different each time," she reveals.

And then there are some who have a limited, multipurpose and functional wardrobe in spite of having the means to own a lot more. SRK, for instance, once said he always trusts his black tux for parties as no one can tell if it's a repeat. Grey's Anatomy star Kate Walsh was seen wearing a black gown to a friend's reception that she wore for the 2006 Emmy awards. Black is a safe colour to repeat, and it's all about intelligent dressing, says designer Manoviraj Khosla. Manoviraj, who owns 50 pairs of jeans, 30 jackets and tons of party shirts to avoid repetition, says, "It's a fashion faux pas if someone repeats clothes within a couple of years. We Indians hoard clothes. One should wear styles that are hot for that season. But it's fine to repeat classics."










1 comment:

  1. aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh kajol i wanna sex with you

    ReplyDelete